MPG requires it’s own sitemap to be generated since the generated pages aren’t your typical WordPress entities. MPG entities are ‘virtual’. Though it has no negative SEO effect, since most frameworks and systems generate ‘virtual’ pages, it is an important differentiation for WordPress sites, as WordPress generates it’s sitemap from entities registered in its database. To generate a sitemap:
- To go your MPG project
- On the very top, select Sitemap tab.
- Give your sitemap a name, preferably without spaces. Example “mpg-sitemap”.
- Unless you have a specific goal in mind, leave the rest of the settings and press “Save and generate”.
- Copy “Current sitemap” url on bottom right corner of the table. Add the sitemap as additional sitemap to Google Search Console.
- Manually check a couple of URLs though Google Search Console to assure indelibility.
if you open XML sitemap you may get a warning that file doesn’t contain styles. That is OK as this file is for search engines only.